Stay up to date with changes in Saleor and trends of modern e‑commerce
9 Jan 2020 by Mirek
Why headless is the future of e-commerce?
Headless—or API-driven—is an architecture where business-logic/server-side is fully decoupled from the front-end experiences. As a result, programmers get full front-end development independence and a painless way to integrate with other APIs.
25 Oct 2019 by Marcin
Release 2.9: Enterprise-grade attributes, variant creator and plugin architecture
Welcome to the Saleor 2.9 release of Saleor!
- Customize the shape of your products with enterprise-grade attributes. It's a key feature that we've made even more powerful.
- We've introduced plugin architecture. This system gives you the possibility to provide custom logic without any changes in the core.
- Service accounts and Webhooks now allows you to easily integrate Saleor with other services without directly manipulating the source code.
- We've added the variant creator, which helps you to create multiple variants based on attributes assigned to your product type.
12 Jul 2019 by Marcin
June Release: Avalara Integration
Welcome to the June 2019 release of Saleor!
- We've integrated Avalara so Saleor now supports tax calculations in most major markets around the globe
- There are new functionalities and improvements in the payments section, including the ability to store credit card details
- Our Vouchers section has been reworked from scratch and is now as sleek and usable as any e-commerce can offer, as well as having an expanded range of offers you can make to your clients
27 Jun 2019 by Tim
The Iterative Rebranding of Saleor
The decade-long design journey of an e-commerce platform. See how Saleor has evolved from a small e-commerce library to the world's fastest-growing open source platform, and how our design team have reimagined the branding to reflect those changes.
13 Jun 2019 by Marcin
May Release: Navigation Management and Filtering
Welcome to the May 2019 release of Saleor!
- We've added the much-requested storefront navigation management feature that helps you configure your site easily
- As we work towards totally filterable content, we've added filtering to the first two dashboard sections
- The order creation flow has been reimagined to make it easier for you to allocate stock and avoid issues with unpaid orders, a great feature for both site usability and security
13 May 2019 by Marcin
April Release: Introducing Black
Welcome to the April 2019 release of Saleor!
- Black has now been introduced to Saleor to help stay on course with essential code formatting and keep our open source project universally maintainable and understandable
- We've also introduced data classes as a universal payment interface for all versions of Python from 3.7 onwards
- You can now complete bulk actions in Dashboard 2.0, such as editing, deleting, or publishing, which saves time and makes for easy overviews of grouped products
10 Apr 2019 by Marcin
March Release: Dark Mode, Model Translations and… Saleor Cloud!
Welcome to the March 2019 release of Saleor!
- The Saleor Dashboard 2.0 has been refreshed and updated. And if you love working in the dark, we've added a switch so you can tone down your dashboard at any moment
- The new Address Book feature makes it easier to manage and find customers
- We're announcing the much-anticipated release of Saleor Cloud, a brand new SaaS version of the platform that will go live in 2019
8 Mar 2019 by Marcin
February Release: Model translations and improved checkout flows
A model translations API, three new Dashboard 2.0 sections and great tweaks — welcome to the February 2019 release of Saleor!
- We've added or improved a number of dashboard sections this month, with new features for shipping, pages, and discounts
- Draftail editor now allows you to do rich-text editing directly in the dashboard, for better-looking pages
- Support for model translations is a significant new feature in the GraphQL API
- The PWA Storefront is gathering pace with more new features, including improved checkout flows
8 Feb 2019 by Marcin
January Release: New tax management views and payment refactoring
New tax management views, Docker configuration improvements, and the first phase of payment refactoring.
- Dashboard 2.0 has gained new features, with tax management and a new, simple way of adding images to products
- We've upgraded the configuration of our Docker files to make them even more stable
- Payment refactoring prepares gateways to be extracted to separate libraries. It's just a step in making bulletproof and customizable payments implementations
10 Jan 2019 by Marcin
December Release: Stripe payments and refreshed storefront look
A new payment gateway, new features in the Dashboard 2.0 and a refreshed storefront look… Welcome to the December 2018 release of Saleor!
- Stripe payments integration is a major feature that many store owners have been waiting for and comes hot on the heels of adding Razorpay in the last release
- Our design team have delivered a brand new look and feel for Storefront 1.0, with a major style upgrade that improves user experience
11 Dec 2018 by Marcin
November Release: GraphQL Playground as the default API explorer and adding Razorpay
Welcome to the November 2018 release of Saleor!
- Playground is now the default API explorer and we've also implemented backward-incompatible API changes
- We've added Razorpay as a payment gateway, further increasing the options for store owners
8 Oct 2018 by Marcin
September Release: Order management views and timeline
Welcome to the September 2018 release of Saleor!
- Orders are now easier to track and manage, with new views and an order history timeline for a fast overview of events
- We've improved the staff management views, making it cleaner and easier to use
4 Sep 2018 by Marcin
Summer Release : Dashboard 2.0 preview and model translations
Welcome to the Summer 2018 release of Saleor!
- Dashboard 2.0 now has great new product management views
- Shipping zones are now easy to assign and manage in a separate module
- We've simplified staff permission management
- You can now translate your dynamic storefront content in a dedicated dashboard section