We aim to deliver the best headless and open-source platform in the world and will start sharing more details about upcoming features and our accomplishments. In line with that, as you know Saleor is under constant development and we are aware that some docs need improvement as some of them have become outdated. Sometimes the changes in code can happen so quickly it’s not easy to constantly update our docs; that said, we are working hard to improve on this.
In addition, we will publish an FAQ section and an improved installation guide—it should be available very soon.
What we have recently brought to Saleor
Saleor’s headless architecture has recently introduced two new repositories. This means there are now three separate projects on GitHub:
- Saleor Core — containing the core GraphQL API,
- Saleor Dashboard — containing dashboard application,
- Saleor Storefront — containing PWA storefront boilerplate application.
For some users, this was a significant change and subsequently found it difficult to initiate the platform.
Saleor-Platform: We are aware that launching Saleor may be slightly more complicated when compared to the legacy version. We made it one of our priorities to provide a solution that would make installation and deployment as easy as possible; thus, we have developed a repository from where you can run all Saleor services using Docker. Please, bear in mind that Saleor-Platform repository has been designed only for local development.
You can find out more information about that here.
We have updated the Saleor Roadmap. Currently, we are working on the following features:
- Group permissions: you will be able to use groups to assign permissions to staff members - efficient for teams of all sizes.
- Product import/export: an import/export tool to ease product and inventory management. Also, it’s a possible way to import products from another system.
- Multi-warehouse inventory: the ability to split inventory among multiple locations. Add warehouses in a new dashboard section, assign them to shipping zones and configure business addresses for taxation purposes. Easily manage stock in multiple warehouses from the product and variant dashboard pages. We have already implemented an unfinished version of warehouses to the master branch. We will inform you about the progress.
- Wishlists: if a customer would like to buy something in the future, they will be able to create a wishlist. In addition, customers will have the possibility to share their wishlist
- Stability of PWA storefront: improving performance and optimization of Saleor storefront
Besides the features above, we continually improve and optimize Saleor by fixing bugs and other issues on a daily basis.
We’re aiming to release a new version of Saleor in April, but we can’t yet promise an exact date.
Other than that, our long term goals remain. We continue to work on solutions for multi-channel and multi-currency which are really important for us and our community. You can find more information about our roadmap on GitHub.
On February 13 we attended the E-commerce Berlin Expo 2020. It was a great pleasure for us to be there. We had the chance to meet many amazing people. Thanks to each of you for discussing your questions and feedback about Saleor and the future of e-commerce! See you next time.