With about 800 merged PRs and 10 major releases, we delivered some of the most requested features to our core API, including:
- Gift cards
- Dynamic taxes
- Simple taxes
- Stock allocation strategy
- Migration to GraphiQL V2 Playground
- New webhook events
- Event subscription webhooks
- Custom checkout flow
- Custom prices for checkout lines
- Non-stacking checkout lines
- Optional address validation
- Self-onboarding became available to the public.
- Free dev accounts.
- Simplified pricing.
- Environment creation decreased from 5 minutes to less than 1 minute.
- New sign-up and login workflows.
We have shipped a command line tool for CI and development that allows:
- Managing projects, environments, and organizations.
- Spawning a storefront, apps, and webhooks.
- Tunneling and installing a Saleor app.
Learn more about Saleor CLI.
We have built foundational pieces for the Apps ecosystem, such as SDKs, dashboard extensibility APIs, and essential apps created by the core members.
You can track the progress on the development of new apps or propose your idea for it in GitHub Discussions.
To learn more about building apps, visit our documentation.
Saleor App Template
Saleor App Template is a Next.js and TypeScript boilerplate for building apps. It provides the necessary setup for:
- Installation to dashboard
- Webhooks creation using CLI commands
- Basic CRUD operations
While our apps are open source and can be self-hosted, we are also making them available in the Cloud with worry-free upgrades and one-click install. A complete list of available apps can be found here; the following are notable highlights:
The new Checkout starter kit built with Next.js includes front-end, and backend apps for processing orders, and payments. This project allows custom checkout flows and can be extended to a myriad of use cases like preorders or subscriptions within a single Next.js stack. Currently, it includes payment logic for the following gateways:
The dashboard has received hundreds of UX improvements and refactoring in preparation for a complete redesign in 2023. One of the most notable features is Datagrid in product view, which allows bulk creation and editing of variants, similar to a spreadsheet.
If you would like to keep up to date with the new features in 2023, please subscribe to our newsletter.